Saturday, February 26, 2011

For Month of MARCH 2011

Late February SNOW! huh?
What Did and Didn't Work in February:Dessert & Devotions still being enjoyed, have all the Miller books and they choose which chapter they want me to read from any of the 5 books
Project Day went well for President's Day, I don't think I took any photos... :(
School: doing table time (max one hour) which is reading history - finishing the Great Ice Age book and adding the ancients narrative (thanks to H.A. Guerber!!) and doing how to run a business, not sure if we'll continue for March or not
Timeline was a bust. They had no interest and it didn't relate to their lives at all. Will probably put up a timeline for ME because I want to do it! :)

FOR MARCH:I want to continue our fluid morning routine which includes "Gramma Eggs" and max one hour table time (history read aloud and family biz), followed by math sheet and 20 minute reading leaving plenty of time for exploring interests.

Want to add in Nature Study which would be going to the Flat Park once a week (there's SO much there!)

MORE HERE during the week after I see if they want to continue family biz, I want to add spelling, like list of 10 words that they COPY so they SEE how things are correctly written OR the SCM dictation thing for Dan

What's New for March:
Add Daily Chore: requirement to take dishes to sink after meal (I didn't enforce this well in Feb!)
Will focus on this again in March

Adding Table Time made our mornings a little more fluid. I'm not cooking "egg puffs" anymore so we have a different flow. It has allowed a little flex/free time before we start each morning.

I want to add in Nature Study. I've done a little legwork and have an idea for what I want to do (OBSERVATION). Just for starters, I am going to learn how to draw trees...here's a FANTASTIC and FREE pdf tutorial :
http://www.lessonsforhope.org/pdf/guide_to_tree_sketching_pdf.pdf

This blog has been helpful in getting me to think about what our Nature Study might look like:
http://handbookofnaturestudy.blogspot.com/

What's the Same:
Daily Chores
Monday: bring down dirty clothes, sort into hampers
Tuesday: collect upstairs garbage
Wednesday: tbd
Thursday: tbd
Friday: strip bed, put sheets in washer, start washer (did not do this well in Feb)

Daily: empty dishwasher (Sarah silverware, Daniel the rest) (keeping this the same)

Our Daily Routine revolves around meals, that gives me structure:
Breakfast: when we get up
Lunch: somewhere between 12:30-2pm
Dinner: 5:30ish
Dessert & Devotions: 8pm
In Bed: 9pm
Read in Bed
Lights Out: 9:30pm (this is similar to last month)

Future Wants:
nature study
art/music
read Bible oeh
phofe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...