Thursday, November 11, 2010

today's joy-the rain cycle


OK, so I'm in a space right now where I'm questioning my methods since I started reading LOL. One thing that has been a cool thing we've done is this Calendar Workbook...once a day the kids mark down something to do with the weather and for November we note if it was "dew, dry or frost". We haven't had our first frost (that I know of) which is weird, so we have "dew" everyday.

Sarah said, "what's dew"? I googled it and read the definition and she said, "Oh, (in a knowing way) I know the rain cycle".

Really?

She explained the rain cycle quite eloquently. I was very impressed that she knew it well enough to explain it and suggested that she draw a picture of the rain cycle. She gladly agreed and proceeded to draw with crayons, standing up at the table and SINGING. Happy heart!

"Honey, where did you learn the rain cycle?"

I expected her to say "school" and put my homeschooling efforts to shame, because as of today I feel like she hasn't learned anything (not true, but it FEELS like that)...

She answered,

"Blues Clues"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...