Friday, October 15, 2010

today's truth-schedule


Wow.

I just realized something.

I've been trying to fit my life into a schedule, a list-to no avail-FOR YEARS. I remember the futility of trying to live by little blocks of time in college, as a newlywed and a mom. I felt like I had to schedule those chores, the work day, the preschool coop...get all that on my daily planning sheet...but now I know the secret!

The Lord doesn't wish for me to live by a daily schedule of neat little blocks of time! He wants me to live according to the will of His Spirit! As I'm listening to Him speak through my conscience, I've been released from that futile endeavor! (I am still planning my month and then my week, but when it comes to the DAY, I'm allowing Him to guide me).

Here all this time I thought it was "Godly" of me to work up a schedule for my own daily life and now as I begin to homeschool. I've felt defeated because I've never been able to get a daily schedule on paper let alone FOLLOW it!

In no way am I saying that a routine or a written schedule is evil! Hear my heart...I'm learning to listen to the Holy Spirit and He recently has been directing my days...I don't NEED A SCHEDULE! So for today, that is a nugget of truth I learned...there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (or those who can't fit their life in a box!!) Hallelujah!

my image lightbox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...