Saturday, October 9, 2010

cardboard architect



Today I attended a seminar on Influential Parenting.

It is very obvious to me that the Lord guided me there because I heard a message that convicted my heart.  More on this later.

The seminar was on loving (the opposite of selfishness). In spiritual terms (isn't everything spiritual?), the physical man (flesh) is by nature sinfule and completely self-serving. The born-again, regenerated man (spirit) is sacrificial love/servant.  I am so convicted that I am constantly self-serving.

So when my children want to do something with me, I often turn them down since my flesh or self-centeredness usually wants to do something else.

But when Sarah told me she wanted me to help her with her "house" today, I could not turn away. I want to love her with all I am and with all He is.

We had a blast! She LOVES making things, constructing things, building things. She also loves playing with any sort of humanoid, doll, animal and orchestrating social vignettes. I love her so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...