Wednesday, September 29, 2010

teaching the bible

Taking a cue from Heart of Wisdom, we start our day with The Narrated Bible. This has been such a learning time for me, too! I LOVE this part of our day.

When we started bumping along back in June, we started in Genesis. We made it up to Jacob & Esau. Then we "started" school in September I wanted to go back and do a unit study on Creation and I got off track.

So I want to start again with our reading the Bible chronologically at Creation. The kids were bored just listing to me so I thought coloring sheets might help. Daniel went berserkk and insisted he wouldn't color them (SO bizarre since he begs to have a coloring sheet during Sunday School!?!)

I found a tremendous reference in helping me go through The Narrated Bible. It is a Sunday School curriculum for 1st through 6th grade and it is FREE!
http://children.calvarychapel.com/site/curriculum_n.htm

Each Bible lesson is presented in a 7 page pdf. This works perfectly with what I'm doing. The first 2-3 pages are for 1/2 and the last pages are for 3/6. Dan LOVES doing the puzzles while I'm reading.

Ah. We're LEARNING!

image used by permission? yes or no
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...