Monday, January 3, 2011

New School in 2011


We have recently adopted a Lifestyle of Learning approach to homeschooling, so counting days seems silly. EVERYDAY is a learning day!

We took a few days off in December and I'm glad to be fully-focused on this year anew.

I've decided to just look at one month at a time and try to get a general routine down so I'm just looking at a schedule for this month, January. I've put up a calendar of the month with the days of "school" so the kids know which days are school days because we have certain "rules" for school days (like no or limited screen time). I should do this the first day of each month (and plan for the holiday project).

I'm also focusing on the main American holiday each month. This month is Martin Luther King Jr Day on Jan 17th. So that day will be a PROJECT day and we'll do some MLK activities and reading.  I purchased another one of Amy Pak's OUTSTANDING Activity Packs-this one on holidays.

Get it here:
http://homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/HistoryofHolidays.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...